Taking care of your feet is as important as taking care of other beauty needs. It is also an integral part of skin care.It is very same as manicure with little differences. It can be easily done at home with all the tools and nail cosmetics.The steps that are involved in pedicure are stated as follows.
Basic tools and requirements for pedicure
- A Tub Of Warm Water
- Bath Shampoo
- Nail polish remover
- Foot Scrub
- Nail Clippers
- Cuticle Pusher
- Nail File
- Pumice Stone/foot file
- Cuticle cream
- Nail scrubber
- Cotton pads
- A clean towel.
1. Prepare your feet for the pedicure.
The first step is to remove nail polish with nail polish remover. Then cut your nails with a nail cutter. Give them any shape you want square, round or oval. File them with a nail file.You can cut your nails after soaking in water, but then the nails become very soft.
2. The second step is soaking your feet in warm water.
Mix soap or rock salt to warm and soak your feet in it for 15 to 20 minutes. This will soften your feet and removes dirt. It is very effective as it will soften nails and cuticles.
3. The third step is to prepare your cuticles.
Take out your feet from warm water and dry it with the help of a towel. Massage some cuticle cream on nails and toes. By the use of cuticle pusher gently push back your cuticle around each nail.
4. The next step is to scrub your feet with a foot scrub.
Massage your whole feet with a foot scrub. Then use a pumice stone to remove dirt and dead skin from your feet. Then use a foot brush to remove all the dirt from your feet. Wash off your feet with plain water. Dry it with a towel. Then apply some moisturizer on your feet.
5. Now your feet is ready for application of nail polish.
Add a base coat first. It will prevent your nails from becoming yellow. Then apply nail polish of your choice on your toenails. Let it dry and apply the second coat. This will give more prominent colour to your nails. Let it dry and apply the top coat. The top coat is usually applied so that your nail polish would last longer. You can decorate your nails with nail art. So you are now ready with your soft and beautiful feet with beautiful toes.
Basic tips to maintain clean and beautiful feet
- Clean your feet with a foot brush daily to have a dirt free feet. Change your foot brush every three months and do not share it with others to prevent infections.
- Massage daily your feet after bath with a good moisturizer and also after going to bed. This will prevent your heels from cracking and also softens your feet.
- If cracking of heels is your constant problem, then apply medicated cream and sleep with socks on.