Manicure is beautifying your hands and fingernails with skin products that can be cosmetics or with natural products. A manicure can be performed either at home or in a nail salon. It includes filing and shaping of the free edge, pushing the cuticle with a cuticle pusher and clipping it with cuticle nippers, hand massage, and the application of fingernail polish. A pedicure is the same process done to legs, toenails, and feet. Manicure is a very simple process that can be done easily at home. To perform it at home you have to follow the following directions.
1. The first step to the manicure is removing old nail polish with a nail polish remover.
Nail polish which contains acetone removes nail polish fast and easily. It doesn’t matter whether the nail polish remover contains acetone or not removers always dries the nails and cuticle. But it is not a concern unless it gives allergic reactions.
2. The next step is cutting your nails and give them shape as you wish with a nail filer.
Two types of forms are more common one is round, and another is square. Nail shape should be done before soaking as they are more sensitive when they are wet. If dry, nails can be easily filed.
3. The next step is to soak your fingers and nails in warm water with little soap.
You should use mild soap as hand fingers are sensitive. Do not soak in warm water more than five minutes as it can damage nails and cuticles. The soap water help to loosen dirt, dead skin and any dust left over, and soften cuticles. Clean your nails and skin around the nails by using a nail brush. Scrape gently under your nails if necessary to remove dirt.
4. The next step is to moisturize cuticles with a thick moisturizer.
Apply a good cuticle moisturizer on your cuticles. Then push your cuticles with a cuticle pusher very gently.
5. Now apply sugar scrub to your hand.
Massage for few minutes and then rinse it off with water.
6. Now it is the time to apply nail polish.
Apply nail polish in layers. Four coats of nail polish are standard. These are the base coat, two coats of color, and a top coat. Only two coats of a colored nail polish can also be applied. This is followed by a top coat to add shine and luster. Let the nail polish dry completely.
7. Apply some cuticle moisturizer on cuticles after the nail polish has dried completely.
This will protect cuticles and allow a healthy nail growth.